With so many solar and battery installers, it can get confusing to pick the best one because there are some shoddy dealers out there. Fortunately, you have Solar System Australia to call for a free quote and no-obligation advice on what solar panels and solar system batteries you need.
Are Solar Batteries Right For All Homes?
Most of us don’t have the technical skills or know how to choose the best solar systems battery, especially if we are on a tight budget. Let us delve into this in more detail so that you will know how to get a fabulous solar system battery on a tight budget. Solar batteries store the excess electricity from your solar panels and discharge power during nighttime when the panels don’t work. So, it’s essential you have all the details in hand before you invest in a solar battery, which doesn’t come cheap. In Australia, solar batteries could cost between $8,000 to $15,000, according to the respected Australian Choice magazine. In 2020, there were around 110,000 home storage batteries installed in Australian homes, and typically it takes around 10 years to recoup this. If you cleverly use your solar-generated and stored power, you could make the battery pay for itself in less than 10 years.
There are government rebates, state special loan programs and energy trading systems that can make solar batteries a more economical solution. The federal government is always updating its rebate schemes, so keep checking.
What Is A Virtual Power Plant Scheme?
To get a fabulous solar system battery on a tight budget, you could also join a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) scheme. When you join VPP in your state, you agree to make the stored energy available to the VPP operator, who can then use it for the grids when power demand is high. You are then given a subsidy which could be lower power bills, a rebate towards the battery or free solar and battery installation.
Things to consider when buying a solar battery
- Cost: Batteries are not cheap and could be between $8000 to $15,000 depending on the capacity and quality. This may not include installation charges.
- Lifespan: Most should last 7-10 years which is the average warranty period.
- It could be economical to purchase a battery as a part of a new solar panel package than adding to your older system.
- Talk to the experts at Solar System Australia for technical advice regarding all aspects of the battery, including the capacity, power, and best brands, because each household will have different requirements.
Why Should You Install Solar Batteries?
- They store excess electricity from your solar panels
- The excess energy is used to charge batteries
- The battery will provide power at night when the panel don’t work
- Using the power from the battery is cheaper than buying power from your energy provider
Which solar batteries are the best?
Solar Systems Australia offers various battery brands to tailor different budgets and needs, which include Tesla Powerwall and Alpha ESS Smile 5 Battery. Both are highly reliable and will fulfil their requirements. Our experienced technicians will first evaluate your home requirements before recommending which is the most suitable battery for you. We offer different payment methods and will also advise you on any government rebates on batteries. We make it easy for you to make the right decisions at the best market prices.
Here Are Some Of The Services We Offer:
- Solar system monitoring
- Site assessments for system design
- Entire maintenance, repair and upgrade if required.
- Grid-connected solar power solution
- Battery-connected, off-grid solar power solution.
You can call us on 1800 975 270 for anything related to solar energy solutions!